About our Children’s Church/Sunday School
We envision a world where all children are wanted and loved, supported and surrounded by Love, Light and truth
Our mission is to practice the 5 basic Unity principals as parents, teachers, and life long Unity truth students. We strive to teach our children to love and honor their divine self.
- God is all good and active in everything everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and everyone.
- I create my experience by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference!
Children’s Church begins at 10:30 am on Sundays
- We offer curriculum that children can safely explore their Christ-nature and express their full potential. Our curriculum are drawn from a variety of sources and are in alignment with the Association of Unity Churches.
- Our children develop a strong, common background in Unity Principles, spiritual and metaphysical principles, Unity background, and exploration of other belief systems and how they relate to Unity.
- We believe in cooperative learning, where children and adults explore the rich subject matter together. Classes are age appropriate and the activities are crafted so each child’s talents are drawn out and strengthened. Strong emphasis is put on connecting spiritual practices to the everyday lives of the children, so they grow up with the firm understanding that spirituality is not a Sunday-only thing, but a part of every moment of their lives.
- We strive to make classes fun, exciting and meaningful so your child’s early spiritual experiences will foster a life-long joy of spiritual quests. These are learned through a variety of age appropriate ways.
- Built into these exciting, age appropriate lessons are Unity Principles, Wisdom Stories around the world, songs, art, games, connections and interactions and smiles.
Toddlers through pre-school aged children.
Grade school aged children.
Middle school aged teens.
Y.O.U. (Youth of Unity)
High school aged teens.
Youth Director: Sally Kurth
Youth Education Teachers: Sally Kurth, Lindy Stork, Will Guzzy, Laurence Brock
Youth in Service / Outreach
Annual Souper Bowl of Caring
Souper Bowl of Caring is a national movement of young people working to fight hunger and poverty in their own communities around the time of the Super Bowl football game. In the weeks leading up to or on Super Bowl Sunday, young people take up a collection (many use a soup pot), asking for one dollar or one item of food for people in need. They give 100% of their donation directly to the local hunger-relief charity of their choice.
Mother’s Day Fundraiser
Our Youth raised $321 to help in healing Japan after the earthquakes and tsunami in 2011
Smile Train is an international children’s charity with a sustainable approach to a single, solvable problem: cleft lip and palate. Millions of children in developing countries with untreated clefts live in isolation, but more importantly, have difficulty eating, breathing and speaking. Cleft repair surgery is simple, and the transformation is immediate. Our sustainable model provides training, funding and resources to empower local doctors in 85+ developing countries to provide 100%-free cleft repair surgery and comprehensive cleft care in their own communities.
Our Youth raised $1,549!!! That’s enough for six children to receive new smiles and new lives!
Our Youth raised $321 for Arbor Day, which planted 160 trees in honor of our Children’s Church!
Popcorn Park Zoo: Animal Rescue Fundraiser
Our children held a fundraiser on “Loving ALl of God’s Creatures.” We raised $346.00 for the orphaned animals at Popcorn Park Zoo.